EZCertify will prepare the 8a Economic Disadvantage Narrative and convince the SBA that you, and your business have been subjected to Economic Disadvantage.
To order call 1-866-681-4970 or submit our Online Form ›
- The 8(a) Economic Disadvantage Narrative Service is designed for clients whose ability to compete in the free enterprise system has been impaired due to diminished capital and credit opportunities as compared to others in the same or similar line of business who are not socially disadvantaged. The SBA requires that all applicants applying for 8(a) certification complete and submit this narrative regardless whether or not they are members of what the SBA terms a designated group.
- The following are included in our 8(a) Economic Disadvantage Narrative Preparation Service:
- Email or Fax you our Economic Disadvantage Narrative Work-Package. You will merely have to check off a few items and provide us with the answers to a few questions about you and your business.
- The Economic Disadvantage Narrative Work-Package is designed to first stimulate an applicant’s memory to specific incidents of prejudice or bias that stem only due to the applicant’s “distinguishing feature”. By “distinguishing feature”, the SBA means the applicant’s 1) race, 2) ethnicity, 3) culture, 4) gender,5) handicap, or 6) residence. This is done by providing the applicant with a list of 30 questions and samples of successful narratives that describe incidents of prejudice or bias in each of six areas that the SBA requires that you consider in providing meaningful examples of the prejudice or bias that has affected your business life. These areas are: Bonding, Credit or Financing, Licenses, Leases, and Market Restrictions. - Underemployment/Unemployment
- The Work Package will guide the applicant as to how to describe the incident of prejudice or bias in terms that are required by the SBA. The narrative will have to include, 1) identification of the time-period in which the incident occurred, 2) identification of the person or persons, their titles, functions, organization and relationship to the applicant that were involved in the act of prejudice or bias, 3) what was said or done to the applicant that occurred only due to the applicant’s distinguishing feature, that was considered to be an act of personal prejudice or bias directed at the applicant, and 4) the economic impact on the applicant that affected their ability to get ready to enter, enter, and to succeed in their chosen business area.
- Provide the applicant with samples and templates to be completed by independent colleagues of the applicant that attest to what the applicant has claimed in the narrative.
- Examine the Work-Package received from the client and ensure that all required conditions have been met, and notify client if important information is missing.
- Contact the client via email and telephone to discuss and obtain the missing information and/or data needed by EZCertify to prepare special SBA compliant elements of the package.
- Complete the Economic Disadvantage Narrative, ensuring that it is totally comprehensive and in conformance with SBA regulations.
- Transmit the prepared 8(a) Economic Disadvantage Narrative package via FedEx overnight delivery service or by email to the client and contact the client to address any questions or open issues concerning the submittal of the 8(a) Economic Disadvantage Narrative to the SBA.
- 30 Questions to Stimulate Your Recollection of Possible Discrimination to Assist in Proving Your Economic Disadvantage
- Have you ever been denied admission to any school, college, or university?
- Have you ever been excluded from membership in any educational clubs, fraternities, or professional organizations?
- Did the school, college, or university that you attended seriously lack qualified teachers, staff, facilities, or equipment to the extent that it had a negative affect on the quality of your education?
- Have you ever been denied a scholastic honor or recognition?
- Have you ever been denied a scholarship or other forms of financial support required to finance your education?
- Have you ever been channeled into a specific "learning track" because of your race, ethnic origin, gender, etc.?
- Have you been denied attendance or admission to any school, college or university because of your long-term residence in a community isolated from the mainstream of American Society?
- Have you ever been denied professional training in your work that has impaired your entry or advancement in your professional career?
- Have you ever been subjected to harassment in your educational environment such that it had a dramatic affect on your learning?
- Have you ever been subjected to extreme social pressures that have discouraged you from pursuing professional or higher education or selected career fields that would naturally prepare you for business ownership?
Area: BUSINESS HISTORY
- Have you ever been denied access to mentoring, on-the-job training, apprenticeships, etc., required to gain the necessary skills to advance in your field?
- Have you ever been subjected to significant variations in salary from those of your equally qualified contemporaries?
- Have you ever been unfairly denied salary increases, bonuses, or commissions?
- Have your fringe benefits been out of concert with your position, tenure, and other factors commonly applied to all employees?
- Have you ever been terminated for what you consider to be unjust reasons?
- Have you ever been subjected to harassment in your work environment such that it had a dramatic affect on your job performance?
- Have you ever been subjected to a glass ceiling that kept you from advancing into management positions?
- Have you ever been excluded from participation in company groups or functions that a person of your level would otherwise have been included?
- Have you ever been subjected to unfair or inequitable performance evaluations or merit reviews that had a negative impact on your professional progression?
- Have you ever been denied employment opportunities on bases different than those applied to other non-socially disadvantaged individuals?
- Have you ever been denied access to contract bidding opportunities?
- Have you ever been unfairly denied the award of a contract?
- Have you ever been unfairly kept from joining in teaming or subcontracting relationships?
- Have you ever been subjected to unfair negotiations?
- Have you ever been systematically excluded from access to facilities where business is normally conducted?
- Have you ever been unfairly excluded from participation in professional or business groups?
- Have you or your firm been unfairly characterized for unsatisfactory past performance?
- Have you unfairly been denied access to private sector or Government decision makers, contracting officers, or buyers?
- Have you ever been unfairly denied access to the capital or credit necessary to operate and grow your business?
- Have you ever unfairly denied bonding, licenses, or leases necessary to operate and grow your business?